Thursday, March 10, 2011

What Trends Do You Dislike?

So because I'm slowly building a collection, I figured I'd share some terrible trends that have been plaguing the internet lately (or I guess, Lookbook). Though I (thank god) haven't seen many of these around where I go to school, apparently they're out there, and that's terrifying. So, here we go.

Something that came up quickly and has since seemed to fade a bit more is the tail-trend. These fuzzy accessories look like you have a giant rabbit-foot hanging from you, and I'm not sure how this is appealing at all. It appeared on the hot page often for the span of a few weeks before dying out, and I'm thankful it's gone.

A recent trend that has cropped up since late summer/fall is the pockets hanging out of the shorts trend. Some people defend it by saying it's supposed to look like you cut some jeans into shorts, but to me, it looks careless and sloppy. It doesn't help that they're not very practical either... and while a lot of people don't care for practicality, who wants to look dumb AND impractical? If I was going to look impractical, I wouldn't want to look sloppy too.

It's such a shame, that was such a good photograph, all with a poor pair of shorts. But speaking of sloppy, a trend I see commonly on LookBook is the half heartedly tucked in shirt. This looks terribly sloppy. Its in or its out, why look like you have an indecisive shirt? Choose one, Christ. And this image happens to contain TWO gems - another trend I dislike is the sheer shirt with the black bra look. It doesn't look stylish or sexy, it just looks careless and kind of slutty. You might as well just be wearing a bra, at that point...


This next trend has been going on for a while now, but for some reason, I dislike it. Coming from someone who likes vintage related trends, it may come as a surprise - but the ankle socks and heels thing just isn't doing it for me. It reminds me of what we all wore as little girls - young dresses with patten leather shoes and ankle socks. It's a girlish trend that makes me wrinkle my face a bit, and I have yet to see someone pull it off.


And my last but largest petpeeve - leggings or tights as pants. This subject warrents a whole other (long) entry from me, but for now, you'll just get one image. Paired with this awkwarldy cropped shirt, there are all sorts of wrong in this.

So, what kind of trends do you guys not like, and what do you think of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment