Saturday, August 27, 2011

Before Irene

I took my last vacation not too long ago at Cape Hatteras, down in Hatteras Village, an island off North Carolina. Unfortunately the area got hit pretty hard today, and the island is once again split, but I hope there won't be too much damage in the end.

My boyfriend's grandparents have a vacation house down there with a gorgeous view of the water. Joining him and his friends, we headed down from Baltimore on Friday last week. Surrounded by houses on stilts and sandy beaches, it is a very relaxing place to be. Here is a panorama I stitched together from the view from the deck:


Sunset every night also was gorgeous, and here is another (the colors here look TERRIBLE, goddamn you Blogger):


At 1AM on Wednesday night, we departed, getting around traffic of the next morning's 8AM mandatory evacuation. Driving long hours into the dawn, we were all sad to see our vacation short.

No comments:

Post a Comment